Monday, April 28, 2008

Mission Madness

At my church we are about to gather a mission team. I am excited about this and have been praying and thinking about it for a long while now.
In my thoughts I have been thinking about how we are shaped by our knowledge of Christ and how this impacts how we understand mission. Following on from this is the premise that our mission shapes the church.

I am hoping that the small group of people that will meet at our house tommorrow night will establish themselves in the love of God and will share together being gudied by the HS. I hope that we form a strong sense of community.

In the past our SA has run sections, events and programs to try and win people for Jesus. This worked well for a while until unintentionally the means to an end became the end in itself. These days we need to be a genuine loving community to be of any interest to not yet believers. Our goal will still be to win souls for Jesus within TSA however we may not try to reestablish sections, events and programs but replace them with BBQ's, parties, and activities.

Please pray with me that God will bless our faithfulness to him and guide us in our discussions. May we be a community established in love.

No comments: